Navo Middle School Band History
The Navo Band was established when the school opened in the Fall of 2006. Navo Middle School opened its doors as the fifth middle school in Denton ISD and first in the eastern portion of the district. The school is named after a small farming community, which was established in 1847, on the land where it now stands.
The head director in 2006 was Ray Staniszewski and the assistant director was Paul Hudson. Mr. Staniszewski retired at the end of the 2012-2013 school year and Elizabeth Anderson was named the new head director. Under the direction of Mrs. Anderson and Mr. Hudson, the bands have earned several Sweepstakes awards at UIL. The band has a long tradition of excellence and continues to improve every year. The band program at Navo has helped train many student teachers from UNT and TWU. The Navo Band has great ties with the community and performs at area contests and festivals such as Sandy Lake, UIL, and Director's Choice.